Friday, June 28, 2013

Who needs sleep? (Well, you're never gonna get it)*

It's a fact.  My husband and I do not make good sleepers.  Or, I guess I should say, we don't raise good sleepers, since we had nothing to do with the making of Patrick.  Last night the baby was just. not. having. it.  We're trying to get her to sleep in her crib, but after almost 9 months of co-sleeping with me and no will to let her "cry it out" on my part, it's a challenge.  We all need more sleep, but at the moment I'm trying to remind myself that this time is so fleeting and there's no way I'll be this tired forever, right?  (Right????)
So last night after nursing for an hour she had had just enough rest to really turn her off of the idea of sleep.  Instead of fight it, we moved into the little room next to her bedroom that I've been using as an office and I let her crawl around and get into my old scrapbooking things.  She made a mess and had a great time.  I got a couple of cute shots of her.  Win, win.

I hope that years from now, when I look back on these pictures, the exhaustion that is beating me down today will be just a sliver of the memory of this night when I was her favorite person in the world and she just wanted to spend more time with me.  Awake.  


*Barenaked Ladies FTW

No comments:

Post a Comment